Well, previously I wrote about getting Apollo some doggy prozac, which we did. We got him a drug called Reconcile that you are to use along with a behavioral program to ease your dogs separation anxiety. He actually was doing really well. The garbage wasn't knocked over everyday and he wasn't eating everything plastic in sight. As the bottle neared the end we had to make a decision: Do we pay another $65 for 30 days of the pills or see how he does without them? Of course we chose see how he does without them. We wanted to see if he had improved on his own or if it really was the drugs....
I came home to find the garbage knocked down and spread through out the house, a salt container that had teeth holes and trails of salt though out the house, a 5th remote eaten, a bottle of deoderant gone and the best part...a butcher knife laying on my floor of our walkway with the rubber handle eaten...needless to say the best decision was to place him back on meds.
Through the recommendation of my friend Michelle we called the vet and asked if there was a cheaper version and he wrote us a prescription for generic adult prozac and we were able to get a 90 day supply for only $10!! So we have put him back on it and are hoping for the best and waiting for it to kick back in. Until then I clean up garbage everyday off my floor....
However, I know that when I look at his cute, adorable face, that he loves me and I love him. If it wasn't for us someone else could have gotten him that didn't have the patience and understanding. They could have given him back only for him to go through numerous homes or even put down...I know it is the extreme thought but almost everyone has told us to give him back, but we won't. We love him and he loves us, that's why he has the anxiety. He is a good boy and he wants to be a better boy, he just needs the time and training to do so.
1 comment:
I am so glad you are patient and keeping him...He must need the meds...Poor guy.
Post a Comment