I have lived in Colorado almost 3 years now, and I don't think I have experienced as many "snow-days" as I have this winter. By snow-days I don't mean days off, I really mean just days that it has snowed. Although most snow-falls we have only received about 5inches or less we still have had a lot of snow this winter. The best part though is that it is always warm-ish; for me at least. It gets about 20-30 most days but it is always nice out because the snow is almost always shining...which I love! The snow melts so much faster then! Just this week, I drove to work with snow on the streets and could barely see the lines, but when I went home there was no snow on the roads. And trust me, it wasn't plow trucks that helped, we never see those around here. Colorado really needs to adopt the way of plow trucks in Wisconsin. In La Crosse, before even an inch was down the plows were out sanding and plowing; here you don't see a plow truck unless the snow has stopped and there is like 2 feet of snow on the ground. It is a little ridiculous, no wonder there are so many accidents all the time. I think they just assume that the cars on the roads will clear it up for them.
Anyways...we had one week where it was negative for a couple days, but then by the weekend it was back in the 30's and 40's. The days where it was negative I felt so bad for my "little" Apollo...his paws didn't like the cold very much so when he had to go out for a walk/bathroom time, he would try to lift as many paws at once as he could because they were so cold. It was pretty cute and funny, I did laugh, but I still felt bad. He would stand and try to hold up 2 paws at once and then the opposite 2, poor guy. Rocky on the other hand loved it!!! He shoves his head into the snow and then throws the snow in the air, he doesn't even shake his head off, he just lets all the snow sit there. Sometimes he tries to run and gallop in the snow, and then he will just plop down and roll in it...it is so cute! Then he'll be so excited that when he is outside and when he gets in he will try to pounce and play and get down on his front paws with his butt in the air...I love it. If anyone has ever seen a "psycho" puppy...where all they do is tear around and jump and run and what-not...imagine a 100lb St. Bernard trying to do that; it doesn't work so well...but it sure is funny! It looks like he is continuously hopping because he is so big and so excited. He is so funny.
So in the end I am not a huge fan of winter, but living in Colorado definitely helps to sway me, or at least make the days that it snows a little better. The sun is always out and so when it is cold, it still isn't that cold...Wisconsin definitely has Colorado beat in the coldness and snow factor. Some days I walk outside and think its spring because of the snow melting and the sun being out. I don't know how many times I have forgotten that it is November or December...it is just crazy, but once again, I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment