Once again I find myself writing a blog about the struggles we have with a dog. It is frustrating and heart-breaking to know that we once again are having to write about problems, it makes me feel like a bad parent or person.
As most know we adopted another dog, Rocky, about 4 months ago. We have had a lot of struggles since we got him, but the last month has been the worst. For some reason he has decided to take up peeing in the house at random times. I think with me he pees because I may not be paying attention to him as much as he would like. I don't ignore him, but he has a very strong bond with me and follows me every where I go in the apt. When I pet Apollo or am doing something he pees. With Matt I think he is scared of him. Every time Matt tries to pet him or talk to him he pees. No matter what you do he won't stop. Although we are searching for help in yet another behaviorist, it is getting to be too frustrating on myself and Matt. I understand Rocky has anxiety but at the same time I don't know if we are ready to deal with another behavioral problem, especially one that ruins carpet and walls and clothing and whatever else you can throw in there. There have been many times during this week that I have wished we never got him and have really considered talking to the agency and seeing if they would take him back. I feel horrible for thinking about it, but I can't help myself. No matter what we do it never gets better. I just don't understand why our dogs can't be some-what "normal."
Right now Matt and I have so much going on and trying to deal with Rocky in the ways that we have learned with Apollo doesn't work. I am so frustrated I just don't know what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment