Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home Appliances...

So this year I have bought more items for a houselhold than ever before...I remember when I was a little younger and talking to an older friend of mine, she said "You know you are getting old when you look forward to buying stuff for your house than buying stuff for yourself." I truly know the meaning to that now. After Matt and I moved into our new place, we really wanted to make it our own, and make it our home. We love it here and we want others to see how much we love it. So we bought a 32" flat screen TV to place above the fireplace, a coffee table with 2 end tables and we bought a dining room set also. This is the first dining room table that I have ever had! I love it. Our apartment really does feel like home to us.
We have washer and dryer hookups in our apartment and were renting from a place called Azuma (which I do not recommend ever using). The washer would stain our clothes orange even though our detergent wasn't orange and occasionally after a wash it would went up leaving an orange water ring at the bottom of the clothing spinner. It was just horrible. So we found a fabulous deal on a washer and dryer that are less than a year old, just bought in November! We had to do it, it would save us so much hassle and money in the end that it was worth it. Well, due to Matt's new shift he was gone most of the day and so I took it upon myself to move the old washer and dryer out from the laundry room (Azuma has not picked it up yet) and placed the new ones in their new spot! I was so proud of myself, I even managed to hook up the washer to all the right cables and it actually runs with no trouble!!! I hooked up most of the dryer but the problem is that our plug-in on the wall is too big for the plug the dryer has, so we have to go and buy a new cord or new wall plate :( But either way I installed it all by myself, I'd say I did a pretty good job!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber - you did an awesome job!! YUCKY about the old washer!! Its nice to have things about you. I know its materialistic and I am not about that and I know your not either...but its just nice to buy stuff for your home...Josh and I are renting still. I wonder what its going to be like when we have a real home....Oh yeah...Your like the female version of the toolman! How did you haul those things?? I would be hurting!