Last weekend Jason came to visit, and this time he stayed a whole 2 and 1/2 days!!! LOL I know it doesn't sound much but he came in on Friday early afternoon and left on a Monday early afternoon. Normally he has come in on Saturday afternoon and left early Monday morning which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for us to spend together. Although, everytime Jason comes it ends up being bad weather! For instance, he was supposed to come about a month ago and didn't make it out, the weather was forcasted for rain/snow but ended up being gorgeous, and this last time I think it was cloudy and rainy the whole time. But he did actually get to see some mountains this time, even though we wanted to go into the mountains for sightseeing, with the forecasts of snow we didn't think it was a good idea.
Jason has been out here 3 times!!! In the 2 years I have lived out here he has been the only one to come out, and we have a blast even though we are old ;) We didn't make it out on Friday night for many reasons but we still managed to get some wine and beer and stayed home and drank and talked. On Saturday I made him go to a birthday party for Matt's niece and then we had dinner and received a great recommendation for a bar by Matt's cousin. We went to a place called Sing Sing and it was so much fun!! It is like a piano bar but a little more roughty. There are 2 pianos and then they also have a keyboard, guitar and drums. What you do is you request a song and no matter what genre or artist they should be able to play it, and they did. It was great and so much fun, but even more fun if you are a people watcher like myself. Although Jason and I payed for a bucket (literally) of long island we were no where near the level of drunkeness that others were. At one point they were playing "Baby got Back" and there was a woman that was on the stage dancing with all these girls that were mainly from a bacherlorette party. Now first I must say that I was impressed at how comfortable she was with herself to get up and dance, but then again she had been drinking directly from the wine bottle at their table. :) At one point this woman turned around to face the crowd and lifted her shirt...bra included. I could not believe it. It was ridiculous! I was suprised she didn't get kicked out! Anyway, besides that it was an amazing time, the bar just had that great energy and I would've stayed their all night!
I am very excited to find out that Jason will be visiting again for his fourth visit in a few short months, but this time he is bringing some of our other mutual friends...actually I think we all swayed him into coming with them ;) Ashlee and Joel will be out here in June and Jason too and I think this time we might actually make it to the mountains, hopefully Silverthorne for sure for some outlet mall shopping. In silverthorne there are more than 165 stores in that outlet mall, all of them outdoor and I am hoping that Matt can take off as well. I cannot wait.
Next, I mean this by no offense to anyone, but I am once again amazed at how much I have learned since moving out here, mainly about friends. Jason has been the greatest friend, he has kept in contact with me the whole two years I have been out here, he says hi at least once every 2 weeks, and he has been out here 3 times!! Both of us have discussed how my move has actually brought us closer, out of everyone that I thought would come and visit and keep in contact I never would have put Jason at the top, but I am so glad that he is. He has been an amazing friend, and now Ashlee and Joel are coming as well and as much as I love them, it is still a little suprising that they are making it out here before others but I couldn't be more thrilled. This truly shows me who has always been my true friends. I know not everyone has money to fly out here, but I must also remember that everyone does seem to have the money to go out on weekends and make trips to other places too. In fact Ashlee, Jason and Joel found tickets for about $200 round trip for like 4 days!! It is amazing, and Ashlee and Joel have even kept touch with me, whether be a random text or message every now and again, it is more than most people have even attempted. Thank you guys for being such amazing people and friends!!! I can't wait to see them in June!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you two had a great time :) Unfortunately the guys at Sing Sing didn't know the songs I requested this weekend...although I guess I can kind of understand it.
Good news for you and your visitors, I just got an email that Southwest Airlines is about to start flying nonstop from Minneapolis to Denver for 89.00 one way. Good news, huh!?
Post a Comment