Saturday, June 27, 2009

Accident

So last week on June 20th I was driving home after a Lia Sophia party and I decided to get in the other lane, the right lane. Well as I was driving I noticed that the red mustang on my left hand side was starting to veer into my lane, so I started honking my horn and he swerved back. Then I start to pull a little further and he gets behind me at full speed and runs into my while I am continuosly honking my horn. He hits me, gets back into the left lane and speeds off...up onto the middle median of grass and trees! He misses about 4 or 5 trees and is driving sideways on the median, runs into a stop sign, goes down the median and up the next median! Misses another tree and swerves to the right where he hits a subaru that was parked on the side of the street, turns that car sideways, goes over the curb, misses a tree and hits an old Ford Tempo which is where his car finally stops.
On the right side of the street there is a greek festival going on, but luckily he stopped before going into it and he also missed any children or people that were on the street/sidewalk. I pull my car over into their parking lot and run out only to hear people yelling "give him room, give him room!" He was having a seizure! His air bags deployed and by the time his seizure had stopped he was unconscious. Luckily the fire department and ambulance were not far from where the accident occurred so he was taken away on a stretcher within less than 15 minutes of his crash.
It was so scary! At first I thought he was hitting me and than running, until I saw him go up that median at full speed; then I knew something was wrong. Thank God that he hit me instead of turning into the festival and that I was honking my horn so people were watching (not that they would have missed him going up the median), but it was so lucky that he missed all of the trees and that he didn't hit anyone. I haven't talked to his insurance company but I am hoping that he is okay and nothing serious happened to him. It was just so crazy to watch, I couldn't imagine having experienced that from his side.
My car is still drivable and I am fine. I had not serious injuries, I just had a small backache and I have a cracked bumper that his insurance will be paying for. Also, if I need a rental my insurance covers up to $30 a day. So I am fine I just couldn't believe what I had witnessed, what a crazy moment in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God placed you right there and the right moment. I am sorry he hit you but I am glad he did too so he wouldn't have killed any people. I have heard of police almost shooting high speed drivers that were having diabetic seizures and such like that. I am glad you are ok and he is ok. Poor guy. That had to have been so scary.