
Well...after about a year or more of bugging Matt to take me to Estes Park he finally gave in. I have heard his mother and plenty others just rant and rave about this place

and how beautiful it is. It is in the mountains, about an hour and a half drive. I wish I would have taken pictures of the drive because it was gorgeous! I really need to get myself outside and in nature more often, I love it and I forget how much I really do enjoy being outside (as long as I am not camping in a tent outside...that is a whole other story). I just wanted to share some of the pictures of the beautiful view at Estes Park. It really is just this cute little town surrounded by mountains, water and little shops. The little shops were the best, I am glad that I didn't have a lot of money to spend and was being frugal that day because I loved going in those shops. Some of them had gorgeous items that were well over priced but some had very reasonable prices. There was also a little shop that made jams and chili sauces that I fell in love with. If it wasn't for the fact that one jar of jelly was $7.95 I probably would have bought 3 of them. I even was able to try a jam that was called "Raspberry Jalapeno" and it was actually really good, with a little cream cheese it was down right amazing. I debated buying it for almost 10 min, but decided I do not eat enough jam to buy something that small. I man

aged to be very good with my money and Matt and I only walked away from all the little shops with a $10 box of scent candle things that you can use as potpourri or you can melt them, it was a great deal for amazing scents.
The other thing about Estes Park that most people love to go there for is the main hotel there. It is the Stanley Hotel, the famous hotel where The Shining was filmed. I get caught up with semantics of the two different shinings but one of them was filmed there. I of course took a picture of the hotel but we decided not to go inside, maybe another time....

2 comments:
WOW Amber! That looks like so much fun. Promise me if I ever come and visit we go there...I am a little chicken to go into the Stanley Hotel after watching Ghost Hunters and hearing stories...It looks beautiful...You are better with your money than I am!! Good job!!
For sure we can go there! I would love it! And I don't know how good I am with my money, but that day I did alright ;)
Post a Comment