Saturday, April 25, 2009

Maturity

Sometimes in life it is not about how confident you are in your abilities and how far you have come and how fast. Sometimes it is about the life lessons you have learned, the experiences you have gone through and what you have taken from them. I am recently learning that those life expierences are very important in making you who you are, but only if you take the most out of every expierence, good and bad. Everyday I learn more and more that age really is just a number, and that your real age is based on your maturity level, mannerisms and demeanor towards others as well as yourself. It is important to look at your past and where you are now and learn from all you have been through. Don't take things for granted, and just because you have been able to go straight through life without many setbacks, doesn't mean that you are all you believe you are. Sometimes having too much confidence can cost you.
I am continuously told that I am excluded from the group of people that are considered too young, that are my age. The reason for that time and time again is because of my life experiences, what I have gone through and what I have taken from it. I didn't get everything I ever wanted, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth and I didn't come from the greatest family background with the greatest mother daughter relationship. I have also lost many people in my life and have gone through many types of heartache and I have learned from all of it, and it has made me think differently about my choices in life and my actions, it has increased my maturity level.
The reason that I am even expressing this is because sometimes it is hard to be around people who have it all and don't even know it, and sometimes that is frustrating. They don't know it because they haven't had the chance to realize what it is like to not have it all. All I am saying is really take a good look at who you have become and what brought you to where you are. Look at everything in your life and learn from it because in the end it can be your flaw...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is so true...I know what you mean by certain people having it all growing up and never having hard times or times that truly make you learn or realize something. And its their ignorance when they look down at others or assume something of others without really knowing what they are judging...Its frustrating. On the flip side - I have found that the things I have gone through have made me crawl back to a child like state...and I have to learn things over. The simplest things in life...