So again...I am writing to release my frustrations, just bear with me. :)
My boyfriend is a wonderful, sweet and hard working guy. Yes he had some issues last year being un-employed for 8 months. It's not like he wasn't looking and applying but times are hard and you still have to have some pride. He was un-employed for 8 months, does that really mean that he has to be punished now and continuously criticized?! I think not. Give him a break for once in his life. I mean really. He has a job that he works 40+ hours a week at, he shows up early everyday and works his full shifts, unlike others, and yet he still can't catch a break from a certain someone. You are not GOD! You are not the chosen one to "bless" everyone with your opinions and chastize everyone for what they have done wrong. We all make mistakes in life and everyone is allowed to do that. I am not saying he made a mistake because being unemployed was not by choice. But here someone sits and tells him to apply at a McDonalds or Taco Bell because that is what they would do...really? REALLY?! Is that really what you would do? Many things are easy to say when you are not in that situation, try being there and find out what really happens, until then keep your opinions to yourself. Sometimes, raising hell and giving someone shit day in and day out, doesn't make them stronger, it makes them weaker. So when you think you are helping your not! Try showing some compassion for someone who may be depressed because they can't find work, despite many attempts and resumes sent out. But now, he has a job and he takes 1 day off, 1 DAY! and you can't keep your mouth shut? My god! Give it up! It is his life, his choices, and everyone deserves a break every now and then. There are sometimes in life when spouting your own opinion is not the best idea. Look at what he has done, look how far he has come. In the last year and a half I have been with Matt he has come so far and he is such a great person despite the criticism he receives. For once, all I ask for is a pat on the back and job well done. Give him a break.
1 comment:
I don't know who you are talking about - but I know people who act that way also....Its so frustrating...Sometimes you can NEVER be good enough for some people.
Post a Comment