I am in a counseling program and over the weekend I had my last meeting of appraisal and assessment class. This class discussed the different types of psychological assessments that can be administered. One of the assessments was the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. This assessment is a fast, easy to score, assessment that can be used to help place people in the proper work settings among other reasons. However, it is also just a fun assessment to take to find out what 'type' you are. It has four different scales of scoring. The areas are as listed below:
Extraversion-Introversion
Sensing-Intuition
Thinking-Feeling
Judging-Perceiving
Based off of your answers on a 93 questions assessment you discover what your 4 letters are. The 93 questions pertain to a variety of things that would best fit you, you are given 2 options for each questions and you choose what best fits you and then follow the carbon copy worksheet and discover what letters are the highest and then you have your type.
My type, based off the answers were INFJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging).
Introversion: People who prefer introversion tend to focus on the inner world of ideas and impressions
Intuition: People who prefer intuition tend to focus on the future, with a view toward patterns and possibilities
Feeling: People who prefer feeling tend to base their decisions primarily on values and on subjective evaluation of person-centered concerns.
Judging: People who prefer judging tend to like a planned and organized approach to life and prefer to have things settled.
There was also a class presentation that went along with this assessment and for each possibility there is a corresponding name such as: architect, champion, etc. Mine was counselor...how fitting :) Anyway. My introversion and judgement scale were the highest where my intuitive and feeling did have a higher score then it's counterpart it wasn't as big as the other two scales. However, I was not surprised. My final definition of who I am based on my type is as follows:
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.
I believe that for me, the definition completely fits me. Everything above fits me to a T and anyone who works with me will know that I prefer things to be organized and if you have class with me you know I like things with structure. Which is also what the Judging score stands for. They like things planned, organized, structured, etc.
Anyway, I was really excited about this assessment and so glad I was able to participate in taking it. I don't know why but it does make me feel a little better about myself and gives me a little insight somehow into many different things in my life. If you ever have the opportunity to take this assessment I recommend it...I will forever be proud to say that I am an INFJ!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment