When I first moved to Colorado I left everything and everyone I had ever known, my whole life. This was my first move away from my hometown and it was a big move, I wasn't sure if I could handle it, but at the same time I was determined to handle it. It was one of the hardest times in my life that I have had so far, but it has been one of the most amazing at the same time. People back home, whome ever they may be, never thought I would make it out here. They figured I'd be back in 6 months to a year and now, it's almost two years later and I am still here and I love it. This is my home and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else, in fact, I don't know if I ever want to go back to Wisconsin.
That is what this blog is inquiring about. I know that I will go back, I mean after all my family is there and I still have some close friends that live there; but I believe that I could be happy never going back. I look at those who I have lost touch with, those I have tried to stay in touch with, and it all comes back to me. I am always the one trying to stay in touch. With all the forms of communication these days and people still find a hard time to stay in touch. It is always the same story too: "I'm really busy" or "I never have time" but yet there is facebook that logs everytime you are online, so you know they have time to do something. The way I see it is that it is faster and easier to stay in touch with people through the internet. You leave a quick message or an email and in 5 minutes or less your done. As opposed to calling where you could be on the phone for more than an hour. How hard is the internet? That is the real question. People have time to check facebook, emails, and leave messages for others, but yet some people they can't find the time for.
I know it sounds like I may be a little irritated and I am. I would like for friends to just see how I am doing every now and then...just a hello on a facebook or text message, I know it doesn't take that long. People have time to go out and hang out, but maybe since your not there and not involved you don't matter. In the end the real questions is "What if I never came back to Wisconsin...would anyone notice or even care?" I sometimes think they wouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment