Okay, so the last time I was at the dentist was 3 years ago!! It was before I moved to Colorado. The years have been tough and benefits haven't always been there. Needless to say I have known for a long time that I need a dentist appointment, for the last 6 months I have had benefits to support that need and continued to put it off. I have been petrified to go to the dentist because it has been so long. I was sure I would have at least 6 cavities and that my cleaning would kill me!
To my suprise, after the x-rays...the dentist came in and went over all of my teeth and informed me that the only thing I need done is a crown on the tooth that had a root canal performed on it! What?! I couldn't believe it! I had to ask twice to be sure I didn't have cavaties! My teeth don't hurt or anything I just figured that with that lapse of time I was bound to have a few.
Then there was a cancellation the next day for a cleaning so I took it. My appointment began at 4pm. I asked how long it normally takes so I could prepare myself...she told me that it all depends on the amount of build up but they normally give an hour. As she began the cleaning, she kept telling me there wasn't much build up at all...my appointment was over and I was out the door at 4:18! I am so proud of myself! I can't help but gloat!
1 comment:
Its amazing how much we have in common - The dentist...Its been since 2001 since I have seen one...I am sure that I have cavities...I am petrified. I hope my upcoming appointment goes as well as yours.
Post a Comment