Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Exercsing

Well, I have really been working at trying to find exercise that keeps me wanting to do it. I love going to the gym and being on the elliptical but unfortunately I have to leave Apollo alone and suffer with the anxiety factor, which makes me not want to go to the gym. However, Apollo needs a ton of exercise and although he goes to the dog park 2-3 times a week, sometimes that is not enough for this large crazy dog of ours. I have decided to try taking up running again, with Apollo. I discovered on mapmyfitness.com that my apartment complex is approx. 1 mile around, so I have slowly began running again.
I began last week and went on both Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday my body was in pain, good pain, but I was sore and exausted. I took a break and then had class and have been insanely tired the beginning of this week but am going to get back in the swing of things tomorrow, whether I like it or not. This is what I want to do and I enjoy running. It keeps me energized and although I am tired and in pain, I feel good about myself and what I am doing.
I can't run the whole thing without stopping but I do measure how far I can run before I need to walk and how long I need to walk for. Apollo's excitement level has come in handy for once with keeping me inspired to continue running. Since there are so many dogs surrounding us they are always on walks and he always wants to lunge and greet them, but if we are running he isn't as occupied by them...therefore I must keep running or start when I see a dog coming.
Inspired by Dance your Ass off!! I am also considering starting dancing aerobics on Comcast On Demand...why not, anything that will help shed some weight and get me in better shape while being fun is well worth it. However I do kind of feel like an idiot dancing in my living room and worrying if people can see me, even though I know they can't.
Also, I think I have made the decision to run in the AIDS Run for Colorado on August 15th. I know that it is only a 5K (3.2 miles) but I think it would be for an amazing cause and a great accomplishment. I have been thinking about it for a couple days now and I really think that I want to give it a try. I don't have to run the whole thing but darnit I have a month to warm myself up and you better believe that I am going to try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your inspiring me. You know my weight issues - I am trying so hard. I have to start off slow - but if your running that is awesome. What you said about Apollo not noticing other dogs when he runs - means he is in the right state of mind when he runs with you. So, that is really good. I learned that from the dog whisperer. Maybe you should try and write the Dog whisperer about Apollo. Maybe take a video recorder and video tape his behavior over a month or so and see if someone can help??? Also I think the AIDS run is a REALLY good cause....Awesome!! Even if you can't run it all - you can walk it. DO you need sponsers??

Amber said...

You can do it too, even if it is just a walk or a fast pace walk, I know you can do it! Thanks for always being so positive about Apollo, few people are. I am still looking in to the AIDS run, I think you can have sponsers but it is not a necessity because of the fee to enter...so many people enter that they still end up making great money. I am still checking it out, when I find out more I will post something.