Matt was able to get the fourth off, even though they didn't tell him until the day before! So that was great, I was starting to get worried it would just be me and Apollo hanging out watching fire works from the balcony.
Our day began dropping Apollo off at the in-laws. We decided that would be best because normally when we go to Aunt Josies we are there late into the night and it would be best if he was not alone. So we dropped Apollo off, grabbed some beer and headed to Josies. I chose not to bring a swimsuit for many reasons, one I don't have one and was not about to buy one, two - there is so much pressure when it comes to wearing a suit to Josie's (dang water volleyball). :) So shortly after arriving Matt changed into his suit and the water festivities began. However before this I got to watch Matt's nephews explore the world of floaties!!! They were adorable! Amilio has no fear and he jumps right in the pool from the edge and sticks his face under the water like a champ! Sonny was more of a fan being thrown into the air and caught while his nemo trunks fell off and his little bottom was exposed. I just love watching those kids, especially since they are twins, they are so different from one another but they are both amazing kids. I love them. Vanessa had an adorable little fairy suit on that had a little skirt think sewn in and she looked so cute. She is very fearful however...she had floaties and a little swimming tube to stay a float, but it didn't matter to her she was amazing in the pool "Amber look at me, I'm swimming in the pool!!" It was adorable.
While at Josies Matt received a text from his friend Danny asking us if we wanted to come over to their house...so we decided around 7 we would leave and head to Danny and Samantha's house. Which, as much as I love Matt's family, I was kind of excited about because otherwise Matt would have kept drinking and losing money to his family long into the night while I sat camped out on the couch reading a book. Yes I could choose to partake in the poker but I also choose not too :)
So we left about 7 and headed to Matt's parents to grab Apollo. Danny and Samantha have a great dane and they live close to us so it was best to get Apollo. Now keep in mind that we dropped Apollo off around 1pm at Matt's parents so it has been about 6 hours that he has been at their place...with 2 other dog companions in a fenced backyard. We pull up and Matt rounds up Apollo...and his fat lip! Yes, once again Apollo has managed to harm himself at the in-laws. We have no idea what happened, it doesn't appear to be cut or bleeding or open in any way, he just has a fat lip. What will we ever do with this dog? Being that this is not the first time this has happened, I have made the decision that this last time really was the last. No matter how calm he becomes or what happens, he cannot go there again without supervision because he is too tempted to injure himself one way or another.
Anyway, we packed him and busted lip in the car and headed over to Danny and Samantha's where we spent the rest of our evening. Although it was uneventful, besides the 2 random times that Apollo found his way out of their backyard and the meeting of the ferret and Apollo, we really had a great time. It was nice to just sit around, chat, drink and have some amazing salsa that I have officially fallen in love with (mango peach).
Well, that is how we spent our fourth, we didn't even watch any fireworks...but yet it was fun. I hope everyone else had a great fourth!
3 comments:
Amber - I had to giggle...You poor girl - That dumb dog!! Such a sweetheart that you are unconditional and love him so much. I wonder how he got the fat lip and what is with him and the ferrett?? Poor guy....Oh and Josh's family is like that with the drinking and gambling and all doing activities together. I feel you babe.
I know...I love that dumb, but smart adorable dog. Thoughts about giving him up have crossed my mind and broke my heart...he's a handful but I can't imagine my life without him.
Post a Comment