Monday, September 28, 2009

Continuing happiness

This weekend after class on Saturday there was a big get together at Shawn and Raul's house (Matt's Cousins) for Matt's Aunt Ev being in town. I was so lucky to have gotten done with class earlier than expected and was able to spend an amazing time with his family.


There was food, volleyball, laughter and even some karaoke and dancing on the lawn. I can't think of a single time that I have not had fun with this family. They truly are amazing and I love spending time with them. I also love that they consider me family and I am finally letting go of my insecurities and beginning to call them my family also.
















I have not forgotten my family and I have not replaced my family, I have just gained more family. I hate not being able to see my Dad and not being able to meet his new wife yet, I miss my Uncle Jeff and my cousins and I even miss my Grandma, she may be a little crazy at times but I still love her. I wish I was able to see and talk to all of them more than I do but I am trying to get better at making the time to keep in contact. I think if I would have realized all that I know now, I would have made the time more special when I was with them. But now I know that when I see them again, I will definitely make the time memorable!


Well, back to Saturday, there isn't much to say but I just wanted to put down what a good time I had. For a while I have tried to hide the fact that I have a good time and love Matt's family, because I was afraid of hurting one person. Although that person is important, I can no longer hide my happiness, it isn't right. I looked around on Saturday night and saw all the friendly laughing faces, and then I realized I was laughing too and didn't want to leave. I don't think I could ask for a better expansion to my family...and I hope that someday soon they will meet the members of my family that mean the world to me. So...on Saturday I ate, talked, laughed, took pictures and even wrestled with the kids, and although all of it was such a good time, my favorite part was when Am
elio fell asleep in my lap.


No comments: